Friday, January 23, 2015

Love Birds







I'm not really sure why but I'm already getting ready for Valentine's Day! It might be because I recently had a three day celebration for my birthday so I felt like I wanted to infinitely extend the celebrations! After all you can never have enough chocolate cheesecake or romance! Although of course the most wonderful sort of romance is when your hunny bunny is nice to you every day in thoughtful ways...................although Belgian chocolates are very nice too! [Can you tell I have an, er, problem with chocolate?]


So inspired by the nature artists group I am part of I painted these Sayaca Tanagers against a shifting, dissolving watercolor heart. You can also buy this as a print or throw cushion for a loved one.




What have you got planned for Valentine's day or do you give it a wide berth reckoning it's just an excuse to sell a lot of schmaltzy Hallmark cards and cheap scratchy pink lingerie?


Linking up to Paint Party Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that pillow, it's so beautiful, just perfect for Valentine's day. Colors are so smooth and tender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is gorgeous!! I love valentines for the hearts, the love and pink and red hearts alone!!

    Hug Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pillow, perfect gift idea!
    In Finland we don't celebrate Valentine's Day like you do but we have similar type day 'a friendship' day.
    (I don't need any special day because my hubby is good and nice every day!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes a beautiful throw pillow! I usually think throw pillows look a bit odd, but that one fits just perfectly. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Really cute! I love the big bold splotches of color that come together to make the heart. This artwork looks absolutely fabulous on the pillow! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice birds on the pillow heart! I wish you nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, thank you for linking up to Feline Art Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In love with your love birds! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute...perfect for the V day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your art looks gorgeous on the pillow. I have always loved Valentine's Day and ever since our son was born that day-27 years ago this year- it's been very special indeed. I love making and sending out cards to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! Now I'm craving chocolates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great artwork for more than just the pillow! Colorful and love the whisper heart. Jana

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh that makes a perfect pillow! the watercolor is so stunning.

    ReplyDelete