Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Chaneling King Kong



I'm not sure why this image popped into my head.....I suppose I thought of the beginning of a story... In a Post-Apocaylyptic World all the animals have escaped from the zoo......finish the story!!

King Kong had asked for a double cappuccino no foam and was still waiting


Or maybe I am channeling King Kong, who while fabulous seemed to be a bit angry about something. Maybe he hadn't had his coffee that morning. I know not having my coffee makes me feel like I could rip out a building!!(that cartoon is NOT by me)


Still from Pixels the movie

I was also influenced by the amazing movie Pixels which has some fab neon glowing colors in it. A very cool movie, it is about extraterrestrials intercepting an ’80s-era NASA time capsule containing footage of old single-player classic video games like Pacman, and mistaking them for a declaration of war. Now they return the challenge by scheduling a series of skirmishes with Earth, each one taking on the interface of a different videogame; if we lose, it’s game over for the whole planet.

Anyway if you grew up in the eighties you will love it!!

Linking up to Paint Party Friday, Sunday Sketches and All About You.

Zoo in the City prints, cushions, duvet covers etc. available at Redbubble.

Mama-andmore

21 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Pixels. I have seen trailers for it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work today, love the escaped animals painting best, just fab. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie












    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and they all rejoiced in their new found freedom ... Wonderful pictures all and I will have to look into seeing Pixels, it sounds like fun. Love your artwork ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your work is wonderful ~ my favorite, though, is the first one with the colorful animals and the bw city background ~

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colorful animals in the city and the thought of them escaping Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. King Kong was angry that people took him from his home & enslaved him. I don't blame him. Love the colorful animal illustration! ~RascalandRocco

    ReplyDelete
  7. L.E.Mastilock....You are probably right! I had forgotten about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like great color, so natural :)

    xx

    Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma, your illustrations are wonderful with those bright and beautiful colors. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been watching the show "Zoo" where all the animals go berserk! But yours don't look too scary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your first drawing. It's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your animals escape.... maybe they feel they have to fix the world humans have destroyed!! They look pretty scared! You are so talented...awesome job! I hear you about the coffee!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. The escaped animals are very cute and the bright colours are perfectly eighties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. However you came to this art, it is awesome! I love the city with the animals. Have a great day
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  15. How clever and cute....what a story you can tell with this as your jumping off point. Had to laugh at King Kong waiting for his expresso....HaHaHa

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are such a talented illustrative artist Emma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely, creative piece you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the animals you painted, they're menacing the city, but still look so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It does look like a beginning of a story. how you'll follow up... this could be interesting!
    Love your animals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your King Kong drawing hit my funny bone! lol Thank you--I needed to smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww....absolutely love your illustrations. Made me smile ear to ear. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete