Friday, March 11, 2016

Zing into Spring

We have gone from freezing cold to full on boiling hot spring-a-ding-a-ling. Get the cocktails on ice, throw a shrimp on the barbie.....ooh it does feel rather electrifying to be walking around in shorts and once more having to care about whether or not one's legs resemble a forest before baring all.

The longer I live in America the brighter my colors become. I wonder if I would ever have been able to paint anything as cheery and bright as 'Chipmunk and Friend' in rainy old England? Do you find your style of painting changes if you are living in a damp/depressing or hot/tropical climate?
 

Chipmunk and Friends


The only downside to spring is the sun highlights the huge tribes of dust bunnies that have accumulated under the bed and shines a rather unwelcome light onto the smeary, dirty surfaces that I quite happily ignore in winter. But there is something about spring that makes even a borderline slob like me reach for the bleach bucket and roll up their sleeves..... and having a good old scrub before lying down satisfied with a big mug of tea and a stack of chocolate digestives.

Are you feeling the zing of spring yet?

That reminds me...when I come back in my next life I want to be a sloth. What wonderful creatures. I painted one the other day. I will chant this to myself every Monday:




Prints, cushions, mugs of this design are available at Society6 and Etsy. Linking up with Brilliant Blog Posts and Paint Party Friday
  Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

13 comments:

  1. Such a great way to spring into spring! Your post is bright, cheerful, and sunny. Very uplifting. Forget about those wretched dust bunnies. They will only come back another day if you go after them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Truly incredible! Lovely paintings! I love spring and I enjoy opening up the windows and cleaning. Spring is lovely! You have captured Spring so beautifully with the first painting. The sloth looks so amazing and I love all the different colours you used especially the purple. :) Happy PPF! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colourful work, so good to see on a cold and grey morning. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vibrant art...I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how cute and charming paintings.
    Have a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is no animal I don't love and yes, those sloths are too cute to watch! Love your painting and also that vibrant island -feel chipmunk and friends painting! I have always been a real fan of lots of color so the weather doesn't effect me as far as my palette choices at all. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I was just taking another jaunt down Sue Kreitzman lane in google searches reading more about her, once again trying to find who designed her art coats.....because I admire her crazy use of colour and then I popped in here for more colour love!! Wow and I do love this spring happiness abounding. I love the dear Sloth too, I think they're my spirit animal... so much joy here for me today! Thanks for being you, dust bunnies and all... Amazing happy art too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living on the Oregon coast it is rainy, dark and gloomy a good portion of the year. Yes it dose effect my art. LOL Your happy spring art is bright and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and colorful. I am feeling spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My life in Italy... I love spring!
    Beautiful your brilliant colors.
    Hugs
    Lina.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to follow your direction regarding housework even if it is thursday... and love the colours... glorious...so sorry I am so late getting to visit this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I don't paint, I can definitely say my writing inspiration changes according to the weather (which is very changeable in the UK!!). LOVE the first painting, stunning! And your koala's pretty cute too ;) #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first one here so colorful and cheerful. and the last one, sometimes it's good to be lazy. Art comes before housecleaning at my place :)

    ReplyDelete